The prostate is a gland surrounding the urethra below the bladder. Its main function is the production of seminal fluid which is stored in the seminal vesicles and receives testicular sperm to form the sperm that will be expelled by the urethra during ejaculation.
This gland can be affected by three major conditions :
1/ infection (prostatitis)
2/ hypertrophy (benign prostatic hypertrophy)
3/ cancer (prostate adenocarcinoma)
1/ Prostatitis, prostatitis this infection, coupled with an inflammation of the prostate, is very common in men between 40 and 60 years of age. The symptoms are similar to those of a flu with a high fever associated with chills, muscle aches and discomfort. Differential diagnose is based on the occurrence of burns during urination, which becomes very frequent, difficult and imperative. In addition to these symptoms, there are pelvic, urethral, penile and even sometimes rectal pain and, sometimes, a painful prostate to the touch.
Treatment consists of receiving an antibiotic prescribed by the doctor after a urine test (ECBU: Cytobacteriological Urinalysis) for several weeks.
2/ Enlargement, this natural increase in prostate volume can sometimes lead to embarrassing symptoms. When the prostate grows, we talk about prostate adenoma or hypertrophy or benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH).
There are currently three categories of processing:
- The first possible attitude is to do a simple surveillance
- The second level is medical treatment, with three possible classes of drugs. However, these medical treatments do not have the same benefit for all patients and, at the bottom, real good responders, i.e. patients who under medical treatment find almost normal mic-tions there are finally not many;
- The third category is surgical treatment. And today, in terms of chi-rurgic treatments, real progress has been made.
Endoscopic prostate resection is a procedure that is performed naturally, under general or local anaesthesia, and consists of an electric handle to be planed, to make chips, at the level of this obstruction that is present on the bladder neck. It is an intervention that gives excellent functional results.
3/ Prostate adenocarcinoma develops from the cells that constitute the covering tissue of the prostate gland. Sometimes the tumour grows and spreads through blood vessels or lymphatic vessels to invade other parts of the body. Prostate cancer occurs in men whose average age at diagnosis is nearly 70 years. There is an important ethnic factor, and the population most affected is the Afro-Caribbean population. On the other hand, prostate cancer is very rare in Asians. Some genetic factors have been identified in populations at risk. Some environmental factors, particularly food, are probably involved but are still being studied.
Depending on the stage of the cancer, the presence of metastases and the age of the patient, the doctor will choose between several treatments:
- Radical prostatectomy: removal of the prostate gland.
- External radiotherapy (radiation sent from outside the body)
- Laparoscopic or laparoscopic surgery, possibly robot-assisted, (transperitoneal or extraperitoneal)
- High intensity focused ultrasound (HIFU) treatment
- Cryotherapy or cryosurgery.
- More recent radiosurgery techniques (CyberKinfe and Tomotherapy) make it possible to treat localized cancers or cancers with a complex shape and situation, with very high precision, while respecting the healthy tissues around them.
Depending on the progress of the disease, a suitable care programme is set up by health professionals for complete patient care. Of course, regular medical follow-up during and after treatment is important in order to promote stiff and effective management according to the patient for a complete recovery without recurrence or relapse.
Evadeo Pro supports you in the diagnosis and treatment of these diseases and assists you in your care process. Evadeô Pro in collaboration with renowned hospitals takes care of your treatment in France as part of a complete health check-up, during a medical evacuation or during a medical stay for the treatment of these pathologies.
And because Evadeô Pro appears as the leader in medical tourism in France, we also offer you the opportunity to enhance your stay by selecting among our services at a preferential price, those that correspond to your desires or your needs…
Ask to be called back, or contact us by phone or email to tell us your needs; our team will do the rest!
Evadêo Pro – Leader in healthcare stays and medical tourism in France.